A refined dish Lamb’s leg stuffed with oysters, he treated his colleagues in the editorial office of his magazine Household Words.
Based on 6-8 peoples.
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 dessert spoon of chopped thyme leaves
- 1 dessert spoon of chopped garden chaiber
- 2 hard boiled egg yolks
- 6 oysters, washed, removed from the shell and chopped (the liquid from the shells retained); oysters can be replaced with 6 small chopped anchovies
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped (I believe that garlic is better than onions in this dish, but if you want to follow the recipe of Katherine, then take one finely chopped shallots)
- lamb leg, about 2.5-3 kg
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- 300 ml of mutton or chicken broth
Preheat the oven to 220 C / gas7. Chop all the grass as small as possible – better with a knife with a wide blade. Mix the chopped grass with yolks, oysters (or anchovies) and garlic (or shallots).
Taking a sharp knife, make six incisions in the fleshy part of the lamb leg and put the mixture there.
Put your foot on a baking tray and fry in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes, then lower the temperature to 160 C / gas 3 and fry for 15-20 minutes for every 450 grams of meat. Lubricate the meat during melting with melted fat and juice.
When the meat is ready, remove it from the oven, on the Kreuth top with foil and allow to walk 15-20 minutes.
The gravy can be made as follows: mix in a saucepan on low heat the flour with fat from a baking tray and gradually add broth and liquid from oyster shells. Remove excess fat from above and serve this way or together with spicy sauce.
- 1 finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped marinated cucumber
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped capers
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 crushed anchovy fillet a little vegetable oil
Fry shallot in oil until soft, add cucumber, capers and vinegar. Put out 4 minutes. Add there the cooked meat sauce and crushed anchovy, put it out together a little more.