Sunday, December 16

A fire in New York due to child playing with a stove

A fire in New York

The most deadly fire in New York over the past 25 years began because the child was playing with the stove, investigators said.

A three-year-old boy, left unattended, accidentally provoked a fire, said Commissioner Daniel Nigro.

When the boy’s mother escaped from the apartment, she left the door open, and the fire began to spread through the building, he explained.

As a result of the fire in the Bronx, killed at least 12 people. According to the police, among the dead – four children aged between one and seven years.

According to the Mayor of New York Bill de Blasio, such a terrible fire in New York did not happen “at least the last quarter of a century.”

De Blasio also reported that 12 people were rescued from a burning house.

Reports of a fire in a five-story building on Prospect Avenue began to arrive around 7:00 pm local time. The fire occurred on the first floor of the house. Eyewitnesses noted that the fire swept the building very quickly.

As the authorities note, the firefighters arrived on the scene within three minutes. The fire, which was assigned to the 5th category, was extinguished by 170 people.

  • How I helped save people from the Grenfell Tower
  • Photo: A terrifying fire in London
  • The history of saving the child from the Grenfell Tower was not really there?

The evacuated residents were temporarily placed in the district school. Assistance in granting asylum to the needy is provided by the Red Cross.

According to the New York Times, the house in which the fire occurred was built in 1916. It has more than 20 apartments.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.